Here are a few facts about Mushrooms, the magic ingredient:

– Mushrooms in many cases are classified as a vegetable or even a herb, but they are actually fungi.

– While you can find over 14,000 mushrooms, only about 3,000 are edible, about 700 have known medicinal properties, and fewer than one percent are recognized as poisonous.

– People who collect mushrooms for consumption are known as mycophagists, and the act of collecting them for such is known as mushroom hunting or simply just “mushrooming “.

– Only specimens which are freshly picked or properly preserved must certanly be consumed and not as old. Once an edible mushroom loses its freshness, bacterial colonies will form and stomach upsets or worse symptoms can be likely if such specimens are ingested.

– The most commonly consumed mushroom in the world is Agaricus bisporus or the white button mushroom buy magic mushroom grow kit. It has two other types – Crimini or brown mushrooms with a more earthy flavor and firmer texture, and Portabella mushrooms with a sizable umbrella-shaped cap and meaty flavor.

– The Egyptians considered mushrooms as a delicacy, and the Greeks believed that mushrooms provided strength for warriors in battle. The Romans regarded mushrooms as a gift from God and served them only on festive occasions, whilst the Chinese treasured them as a health food.

– Mushrooms contain about 80 to 90 % water and are suprisingly low in calories (only 100 calories/oz). They’ve almost no sodium and fat and 8 to 10 % of the dry weight is fiber.

– Just about 45% of mushrooms produced are consumed in the new form. The rest of the 55% is processed with 5% in the dehydrated form and 50% in the canned mushrooms form.

– This shelf life of mushrooms in the new form is very short. Hence mushrooms are traded in the world market mostly in the processed form.

– Some mushrooms produce compounds that fight cancer! This was discovered when scientists in Japan found a community had unusually low cancer rates.

– Mushrooms may be used for dyeing wool and other natural fibers. The chromophores of mushrooms are organic compounds and produce strong and vivid colors, and all colors of the spectrum can be achieved with mushroom dyes.

– Netherlands is the greatest exporter of canned button mushrooms [http://www.sunimpex.biz/Canned_Mushrooms.htm] with a market share of approximately 38.5%. China is second with almost 30% of world trade. France is close third with 13.5% of the planet exports.

– As far as the import market goes, the absolute most significant buyer of canned white button mushroom is Germany. It alone accounts for pretty much 40% of the planet imports.

In addition to the aforementioned facts, mushrooms assists in immune function, they are saturated in vegetable proteins and also promotes health and vitality.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *